Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ramen Girl writes:

And gentle indeed! It's quite refreshing from our own bisaya dialect tone... You see, in Eastern Visayas, even though we speak the same dialect as the Dumagueteños, here we talk like we're fighting and arguing. But we're really not; we just talk that way. So if you see me in person and happen to talk to me, don't be surprised that I have such a loud voice for a small lady, and with quite a boisterous laugh at that. I am quite a contradiction really. It's just that you can't really match my face with my voice. And that's just the way it is, okay?

So, where were we? Literally, we went to Negros Oriental. It was a business (plus pleasure) trip. Nothing like it! The best experience ever... and with old friends and new friends showing us the true blue Dumagueteño life, it's just marvelous! You know why? Because being an Ormocana, the main difference IMHO between Dumaguete City and Ormoc City is the people. So there is a reason why the are called "GENTLE PEOPLE". Both cities pretty much have a coastal view and all with affordable food and cheap rent. Ahhh, the provincial life!

University Town is another nickname for Dumaguete City. Why? Because of the numerous schools in the area. The most famous of all being Silliman University.




The sight makes me want to kick myself in the head why I never considered studying here before. The scenic view of the sea and the well-known "Boulevard" is unforgettable too.




But most of all, you cannot argue at how disciplined Dumagueteños are. I mean, they even have some kind of valet parking for their motorcycles. If this was my hometown, you could never find anything like it.


Parking is so bad in Ormoc City that it's part of the reason why I gave up driving. The streets are already cramped with a thousand, yes, more than thousand tricycles and there isn't a single traffic light in the city. Motorists park just about anywhere. It gives me a headache every time I need to find a parking space.

But I digress.

Anyways, back to Dumaguete... the food there is AWESOME! We're saving those in separate blog entries so watch out for those. ;) Truly mouth-watering and savory, it really gives Dumaguete that extra oomph.

post signature

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment


LIVE. LOVE. BURP.
© 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org